Monday 5 December 2011

Car Boot Loot #12

Has it really been three months since my last Car Boot Loot post?  Whoa!  Where did the time go?  Needless to say in that time I have snaffled me one or two bargainous lovelies.  I must take some photos of them and post about them.

The car boot season has sadly come to an end in my town.  The Big Man, Wee Man and I have been feeling a great loss to our weekends.  Luckily on a jaunt to a neighbouring town yesterday we drove past a sign for a car boot sale and we followed the signs expectantly.  When we got there most of the sellers had either packed and left or were in the process of packing up to go.

Luckily I was able to snag me some goodies.  I found a great stall selling all manner of vintage china and I pretty much screamed at the seller to stop packing his stuff away.  He did give me a "Let's humour the loon" kinda look and gave me this lot of pretty saucers and tea plates for £2.



My eyes were then drawn to another stall where I found all these gorgeous Minton dishes.  They were stickered 50p each but I got the lot for £1.  I know the little round dishes are pin dishes but I'm not sure what the rectangular dishes are.  Anyone know?  Maybe for jewelery or something?   




And of course you all know of my little addiction and I got this beauty to help feed it.  20p and I got me a fix.



That was my lot from yesterday and now that we've found this new car boot sale, we'll be heading there every Sunday.  Yippee!


This post is shared on Time Travel Thursday Thrifty Things Friday  Magpie Monday

7 comments:

  1. I used to work in a gift shop that sold these and they were always called sweety dishes I think. But People used to use them for earrings I think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty saucers, plates and dishes.
    But the jar is my favourite - I would probably put buttons in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Kilner jars rock!

    Great that you've found a new source for bargains - hope it continues through the winter. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super finds, loving the floral plates, I can never resist a floral plate. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you found some beautiful dishes! And what amazing prices! Love them all!Thank you for sharing at TTF and I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and your finds. The minton dishes are a dream and yes the small round ones as you say are pin trays/dishes I would have thought the larger ones were trinket dishes maybe. Not sure though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...