Tuesday 12 July 2011

Car Boot Loot #7

It's been a wee bit since my last car boot loot post, so lots to catch up on.  I haven't been to a car boot for a couple of weeks so this Sunday I was itching to get out there and rummage, rummage, rummage.  I wasn't disappointed.  There was a huge turn out of sellers and buyers.  I've never seen the car boot so busy.

And of course when I see a busy car boot the anxiety kicks in.  Lots of sellers means lots of beauties waiting for me.  Which end will I start at?  Will I just scan and run or take my time at each stall? If I scan too quickly I might miss something.  If I take too much time at a stall I might miss something at another stall.  Oh I spy something on that stall, move out the way people!  Is that person going to pick it up and buy it?  Will you people just get out of my way!  ...etc,etc,etc.

It's a stressful business this car booting lark.  No wonder the "highlights" in my hair are ever increasing.

Just before I show off my goodies I'd like some opinions please.  I've been playing about on picnik to try and improve my pics.  Put on some effects and such.  I've only done it to a couple of the pics, the sugar bowl, tea cup/mug and chamber pot.  I really am only playing about.  Will you give me some honest opinions please?  What do you think of the done up pics?  With effect or without?

Anyway, enough of the photography chat  and let's get on with showing off my finds.  My trusty Tesco bag for life was laden down with goodies.

First up a Royal Vale sugar bowl for only 50 of our shiny British pence.  The seller had loads of vintage china and I think he's a professional.  So I will definitely be keeping an eye out for him every week.  



After a little rummage on a table, stuck at the bottom of a pile of dusty ikea plates was this gorgeous gem.  It's a Royal Standard Minuet cake plate.  I already own a tea cup trio of this design so I was quick to pull my tongue back in my mouth and surreptiously wiped the drool off my chin before I asked the seller the price of it.  After a wee bit of haggling I got it for a mere £1.50.  Cheaper than I got the tea cup trio for.




Next up even more vintage china.  I really do think my vintage china obsession is getting a wee bit out of hand.  Anyway, five gorgeous Gainsborough saucers for £1.  The seller had apparently sold all the tea cups without their saucers.  Why would anyone buy just the teacups and leave the saucers?  Especially at these silly prices.   They were desperate to sell them to say the least.  There was no need for me to haggle as they kept shouting prices at me until I finally smiled at "£1".  The teenage son even chipped in "Any tea cup can fit on those saucers".  Thanks for the insight.




And to go on the "saucers that will take any tea cup", I bought a tea cup/ mug for 50p.  It's sort of between the size of a mug and a tea cup and definitely not vintage.  But it is pretty.  I've been meaning to make tea cup candles for ages now, but every time I buy vintage tea cups to make them with, I invariably fall in love with them and they end up on display in my dresser.  So this time, for sure, definitely deffo, this tea cup mug will be turned into a tea cup candle.....I think.




Next up a "tea cup" that will most definitely not fit on the saucers.  It's a gorgeous chamber pot, though the seller did try to convince me it was a giant tea cup.  Really, she did.  I'm not sure whether she was really that ill informed or whether she thought I was.  Anyway, I'm happy to play "stoopid" if I get such beauties for silly prices.  £2.50 and it's currently proudly displayed in my living room waiting for a new plant to go in it.



And finally-ish a lovely new tea towel for all of 20p.  The well to do middle aged seller informed me it came all the way from the former Soviet Union.  He said it with pride and conviction, until I pointed out the towel actually had a "Portugal" logo on it.  I think that's why he gave it to me for only 20p.  Embarrassing or what?!


That's pretty much it, though I did get a new game for the Wee Man and I also got a mystery china item.  More about that to follow.

This post is shared on Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Twice Owned Tuesday Whatever Goes Wednesday Treasure Hunt Thursday  Vintage Thingie Thursday Time Travel Thursday Would You Buy It Wednesday Thrifty Thursday Anything Goes Party Show and Tell Friday , Treasure Chest Friday , Flaunt it Friday , Frugal Friday , Thrifty Things Friday, Strut Your Stuff , Vintage Inspiration Friday, Feathered Nest Friday   Flea Market Finds  Sunday Blog Love, Show and Tell Saturday  Nifty Thrifty Sunday

25 comments:

  1. Its a good job you & me don't carboot together, we'd be fighting over those items - I love them all.

    I have a cloth similar to that, that I use at craft fairs - paid silly money (£1?) for it and everytime someone wants to buy it - no way.

    I like the picnic effects - kind of a makes for a vintage look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it me, or is your "vintage china obsession" pointing straight to "vintage china WITH ROSES obsession"??
    I love them all, especially that chamber pot! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh im lusting after all your pretty finds! China has been a bit thin on the ground at my boot sales so v jeakous ;o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you .... our CBs were just full of toys and clothes last weekend. Think I need to find some new ones xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello. You have got some lovely pieces there.
    I got your comment,that is well weird about email,never mind. I will wait for parcel and as soon as i get it i will post yours.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing this post. I love British dishes the best, and have a lot, so I love seeing all of your dish finds and of course you are there at the source. But I think they are actually cheaper here. It is fun to see what you are finding over there across the pond. I am "stalking" you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, it was someone else who said she was stalking me, not you, so I apologies for my earlier comment. I am just a regular follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pretty finds, your photos look great but I might be being dense, I can't really see anything that 'effect-y' on them! I have real problems with picnic, my photos seem to take an absolute age to do anything with on it, so I've given up.

    Lol at chamber pot as giant teacup, really hope they didn't drink out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful finds! The dishes are lovely and funny about the towel. I can imagine the man was embarrassed. Good you mentioned it. I love the saucers with the yellow roses. So pretty.
    ~Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found you via Treasure Hunt Thursday! I enjoyed every word of your post! Your writing is witty and charming! Your photos are lovely and yes, I do like the Picnik edited versions! I will be following you! I can't wait to hit up more Car Boot Sales with you! I might have to go back and read some of your older posts...I am in the mood for some more Boot Loot now!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pieces. I especially love the yellow rose pattern! Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice blog fill with so many pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your rose cake plate is so pretty! That towel sure does have a Portuguese rooster on it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I chuckled all the way through your post! First, I have no idea what a car boot is, but it sounds fun. And, then I could imagine you trying to figure out the best shopping strategy through the stalls. I do love what you found. And, I may just come over and share some tea with you in that big old chamber pot cup - that is too funny!
    Thanks for coming to THT.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just come across your post-a woman after my own heart-had to laugh, as I went to my local market yesterday, and there was a man selling lovely vintage china cups-I came back with a few more cups and saucers to add to my collection for the mere price of £2! (hidden from hubby-he doesn't need to know how many cups I have!)
    Love the minuet cake plate set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. These are some great finds . . . LUCKY! And I really enjoyed reading about your little boy's intelligent questions. This part of life goes so fast - enjoy every day with him!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful vintage china! Don't you just love a good deal?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely china you have , wish one could find more British items here in Sweden too as I love English china.

    Regards, Ikealady

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that tea towel soooooo much and the yellow rose crockery. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, you found some beautiful treasures!I love all of them! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely dishes! they are so pretty!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful buys! The dishes are all so lovely and your tea towel so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great vintage china finds. I adore anything with roses, Thanks so much for linking up with VIF,
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great finds!
    Thank you for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see more of your creativity this weekend!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a pretty setting! So shabby! Just wanted to stop by and invite you to Treasure Hunt Thursday formerly over at Blue Creek Home. Rhonda has passed it on to me and I would be honored for you to join us!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...