Thursday 1 December 2011

Have yourself a Merry BIG Christmas

I was in London yesterday and I was struck by how huge-mungous all the Christmas Decorations were.  I never really noticed before but I had the Wee Man with me and he was in awe by the size of everything.

We'd gone to London to see the Lego Christmas Tree at St.Pancras station and I had expected a six or maybe eight foot tree but instead....



It's a whopping 33 feet (10metre high tree) is made with  600,000 Lego bricks, has 1,200 Lego baubles, 172 Lego branches and it took two months to build.  It is by far THE best Christmas tree I have ever seen.

Onto Covent Garden and we were met with a mahoosive reindeer and ginormous baubles.

Image credit 


I remember several years ago the Big Man and I were in awe of the decorations on Carnaby Street.  They were giant fairy light bulbs and we, being young with plenty of time on our hands, followed the cables to a giant plug on the side of a building.  It was hilarious and very, very memorable.

Unfortunately we didn't take any photos of the decs and I can't seem to find any on t'internet.  I have however found more Carnaby Street Christmas Decoration delights.

Big really is beautiful...enjoy.

Carnaby Street 2011

Carnaby Street 2007
Carnaby Street 2009 

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks like you had a fantastic day out! You would think that with all the cut-backs everything would get smaller, but I think they are all trying to cheer us up! I especially love the HUGE paper chains! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your little man loved the Lego tree - my teens would - actually so would I :)

    Sounds & looks like a lovely day out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks wonderful! I can't wait for our trip to London to see all the light, so exciting this time of year. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to take the boys to see that - we're all massive lego fans! London always does some great decorations, I do love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...