Tuesday 17 May 2011

...use of her new Cath Kidston bag in London

It was the Big Man and my wedding anniversary on Sunday.  Nine years, or so he tells me.  I'm not good with dates and anniversaries.  It all started a few years ago when I conveniently forgot how old I was(!)

We had a lovely day.  In the past our anniversaries have been all about rekindling our love for each other.  Dinner, presents and whispering sweet nothings and then along came the Wee Man.  Now we have a no present and no card rule.  Mainly because it's just too much effort and always a struggle to buy presents for each other.  Just what do you buy a man who doesn't want anything?!  So I've given up and to play fair I've asked him to give up buying me presents also.

But saying all that Sunday did turn out to be a lovely day.  We all trooped into London and the Wee Man "drove" a DLR train all the way to Greenwich.  Where I disappeared off into Greenwich Market and the Clocktower Market and the boys went to the Maritime museum.  That's where I got to use my new Cath Kidston bag.  The one I got free from Easy Living Magazine.  Look what I crammed in it.



I had a fabulous couple of hours mooching around the markets.  It's the first time I've been able to have a good look around without the Big Man or Wee Man whining.  It was arts and crafts day at Greenwich market and there were lots of lovely and very overpriced goodies there e.g. tea cup candles for £20 and over!

The only thing I got from Greenwhich was a "Keep Calm and Carry On" metal sign.  All rusty and full of charm.  It's for a friend's birthday and I do hope she likes it, rust and all.



After a dish delish lunch.  Yummy, yummy in my tummy.  NB This was shared between the Big Man and me. I did not eat it all myself, though I wouldn't have minded if I did!  Ho Fun noodles with roast duck, vegetable spring rolls and some mouth watering chicken wings.  Looking at it now, there is a distinct lack of greens.  Oh well.


We headed into Covent Garden where again the boys went off to the Transport museum and I got to mooch around Covent Garden Market and Jubilee Market where it was craft day.  I bought a couple of scarves, one for me and another for my friend.

It was a fab day, though I'm not sure it can be called a good anniversary if I spent most of the time away from the Big Man.

The Cath Kidston bag was great.  It's light and can be folded into practically nothing.



It lives at the bottom of my bag now, ready to be whipped out to carry any goodies I collect on my travels.

It holds a lot of stuff for such a smallish bag.


I'd crammed a fair bit in.  You can see from the contents of the bag that I am a bit of a leaflet hog.  I like picking up leaflets and menus and business cards.  I love reading them.  The Wee Man has unfortunately/ fortunately inherited up this habit of mine.

All in all a good day and it did pain me to wrap and post the metal sign.  It would have looked great in my porch.  Oh well will have to keep an eye out for another one.

6 comments:

  1. Those Cath bags are wonderful - am amazed how much I can cram into mine. Perfect for living at the bottom of your handbag :)

    I love the sign - am surprised you were able to part with it - must be a very good friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous day out! Im must be doing something wring as havent been able to fit much in my ck bag - i blame the fact that I like to big big stuff! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful day out! Isn't it lovely strolling round shops and markets by yourself sometimes.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely day out together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sign and there's nowt wrong with a bit of rust in my opinion!

    Adore the cake stand in a previous post and the dresser. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Shout out to Greenwich (i live there at the mo). Totally agree about the crafts market. Its lovely to look around but totally overpriced. I also have one of those signs. I've given them away as pressies too and they have always been loved. Rust and all. Glad you had a good day out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...