Thursday 18 August 2011

...wheat free, dairy free, soya free wraps

It's been an age since I last posted an allergy recipe.  I did start this blog to note down all my allergy recipes and life kind of got in the way i.e. buying lots of lovelies at car boots, crafting and the Wee Man in general.  So to make amends here's a very quick recipe for wraps, of the lunch time sandwich kind.



The original recipe is from the Doves Farm website but I've adapted it a little to add some more nutrition to them and to make it a little quicker and easier. Not that is wasn't so in the first place, but when you have a hungry child demanding his lunch you can't be faffing around with scales.  At least that's what I tell myself when I use my trusty short sighted eyes as a measuring implement.

You will note that there are no definite measurements.  It really is all about a slug of this and a shake of that to get the consistency you want.  It's all part of the fun.

What you'll need.

Doves Farm Gluten Free Bread flour or Gluten Free Plain Flour
Oatly Oat Milk
Olive Oil
Powdered Garlic
Vegetable Oil

1/  In a bowl throw in about half a cup of flour.

2/ Glug in some olive oil to the flour, about a tablespoon and add bit of powdered garlic for flavour.


3/ Warm about a cup of oat milk (in the microwave for ease).  It should be on the warm side of luke warm.

4/ Slowly add the milk a bit at a time and whisk.  Keep adding milk until you get a runny consistency, like a crepe batter.


5/ Grease a medium hot frying pan with some vegetable oil.

6/ With a spoon pour in about two spoonfuls of the batter and spread it into a circle as you would a crepe.

7/ Cook for about two minutes on each side.  The wrap should start to puff up, but it's not essential that it does.


8/ Fill with your favourite filling, roll and enjoy.

Note the two spoonfuls of batter make a child size wrap.  Adding more batter will make a larger wrap.  Bit obvious but I just thought I should mention it.




The Wee Man loves these and we always play about with the fillings.  His favourite is tinned sardines.  Have I ever mentioned he's a fish freak?


5 comments:

  1. I don't have allergies but they look yummy!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pass them over then! It must be really hard to find allergy free food that the wee man can eat. I think you should write a mini recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I do very little cooking anymore, I would sure like one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, ooh gotta try these!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can these be made with any gluten free flour? I use a combination of 1/2 cup rice flour + 1/4 of potato starch and 1/4 cup chickpea flour. Is that okay? I mix my own blend so if you have a better blend to suggest I would gladly appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...