Tuesday 6 March 2012

I Love Tea Cups!

As you may have gathered from my many thrifted vintage china finds, I love vintage china, especially tea cups.  I was so pleased to find a few tea cup linky parties in blog land.  It's another legitimate reason for me to droll over gorgeous photos of tea cups.  They do make my tummy go flip flop.

So I thought I would join in with one of my favourite tea cups from my collection.

It was bought for me from my very generous Mother In Law from an antique centre we were visiting.  It looks a wee bit boring on the outside but wait until you see inside. 


Sigh!  I love the colours and the details in the flowers.  I could stare at it all day.  


The saucer is just as detailed and just as pretty.


It's made by Foley and has pride of place on my dresser.

This post is shared on Sweetology, Rose Chintz Cottage, Time was Antiques,

11 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teacups too :) Yours is stunning - the plain outside doesn't even hint at the prettiness within :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful find! It is a lovely cup and saucer. Happy Tea Day!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely one! I'm crazy for tea and teacups too... here's a glance of my collection:
    http://el-petit-taller.blogspot.com/2010/11/tea-cups-scones-te-tasses-scones.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lovely cup and saucer. I love the pink and the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very pretty, I can imagine Jane Austen drinking out of something like that as she wrote 'Emma'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Such a pretty pattern. How nice to meet you and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Madison,
    Welcome to Tea Time Tuesday! Oh, your teacup is just beautiful and a wonderful gift from your MIL! I love teacups and china in general. The saucers in your header are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing this with us and joining me for tea. It's very nice to meet you. Have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Madison,
    and it is truly a wonderful tea cup. Very charming design. That was really nice of your MIL to gift you this pretty cup. Thank you for sharing.
    best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! I'd love to see more of your collection!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...